This page offers training and links. Our editors should help us develop a coherent style and make sure each case study meets a high level of professional writing standards.
The following links should guide editors that work on our projects for case studies. Case Study Publishing Process: https://compliancemitigation.com/case-study-publish/
- The link above shows you all the steps that take place to build our case study library. If you ever get lost, or wonder why we’re recording information in this manner, this link should explain. We will continue to develop this page on our website.
- To see the posts that members of our team wrote, please visit our Asset Library: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17bO9YpzYcObcPIMfHCe4VMRZnAH-2byuvOqvdxJLTn0/edit#gid=0
- To access the folder where we create all digital assets, open one of the folders in our Digital Library. Each folder includes a Google Sheet with the original content: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1ZrpCxnSxe4y_AOZCFLhD8_yDprPPNR2M
- In addition to “meta descriptions and cataloging information (at the top of each post)” you will see that we include the following subheadings with each case study post:
- Learning Objectives
- Intended Audience
- Key terms
- State of the Industry
- Background and Analysis
- This PowerPoint shows the process we’re using to build our digital library of case studies: https://compliancemitigation.com/compliance-as-a-service/
The following links provide a sample of case studies I edited, in redline, with a video explaining why I made the changes:
- Case Study 14: Fraudulent Claims for Biofuel Tax Credits
- In the link above, I edited in real-time and created a redline file.
- The redline is only the first editing step. We accepted all changes, then made a final edit for clarity.
- The video that accompanies the post shows the editing process.
For the past few months, we’ve collected these case studies from a group of contributors. During that time, priorities required focus on other areas of business development. The site is more developed now. As we get closer to begin marketing the services, priorities have shifted. It’s time to begin filming the accompanying videos for each case study.
When we began making the recordings, each folder we opened required substantial editing.
We need an editor to make sure each case study adheres to a uniform style and flow, with clear takeaways. We want the writing in present-tense construction, with strong verbs that move the reader along. We would like your help to make sure we have a good style:
- Please open the Asset Library.
- Please see Column L, where we will film YouTube videos.
- If there the cell in Column L is blank, we know that we need to film a video for the case study in that row.
- Although we need to edit each Post, we must prioritize, and we must also identify the ones that you have edited.
- Please work your way down the list of Column L. Edit the posts that do not have a YouTube video. You will find the original artwork in the Digital Library Folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1ZrpCxnSxe4y_AOZCFLhD8_yDprPPNR2M
- After you finish the edit, please highlight the “Post Title” cell in Column E of the Asset Library.
- I am hopeful that if I open the ones you have edited, they will be ready for me to read and create the accompanying video / audio files.